Well, well, well…
Blog-cloning party-time has come:
Several months ago, I had posted a simple, light-hearted (but serious) technical solution, to overcome malicious blog-censorship or misuse of moderation. (See the post «Technical ideas to end ALL blog CENSORSHIP since Greek politicians over-moderate their blog-critics«, and another blogger’s Greek post about an alleged incident of unreasonable blog-comment Censorship by a Greek MP, Αποδεδειγμένη Λογοκρισία στο Blog του κ. Bενιζέλου):
My simple idea was cloning or mirroring unreasonably censorious blogs, to fight censorship in the original blogs.
Evidently, either someone else grabbed my idea from that post, or else (most probably -hehe) I’m just indulging in self-deluded… underestimation of Global Morphogenetic Fields throughout the world, acting in synchronicity to initiate the same idea in several people’s heads! Either way…
Here is the evidence, in the «Daily Telegraph» (23 March 2008, «The EU blog wars to come«):
Richard Corbett, a North West Labour MEP (Member of the European Parliament), has his own blog. He is very happy to use it as a platform (rightly) for bringing the fight to his political enemies and like many in the European Parliament he has an unhealthy fascination with Ukip.
But unlike most bloggers, including Margot Wallström, European Commission Vice-President for communications, he has no space on his site for comment. Could this be a web manifestation of Labour’s refusal to give the voters a say on the EU Treaty? Some people seemed to think so.
In an opening salvo of the euro blog wars to come, some rascal has set up a mirror site of Mr Corbett’s, reproducing the original exactly, but with (you’ve guessed it) space for people to comment. “You can’t beat a bit of interaction. There is nothing worse than a one-way diatribe from our lords and masters,” said one satisfied reader.
Mr Corbett is not amused. Worried that the “fake” interactive site will pull more traffic from search engines than the original, Mr Corbett has taken to writing letters. Writing on the mirror site, “Charlie” (an individual perhaps not a million miles away from Mr Corbett himself) takes the establishment view. (bla-bla-bla)…
My very first blog-cloning experiment, is reported in the end of this comment: I «cloned» a discussion in a blog of someone else (who had censored me while indulging in various unjust accusations), and this forced him to remove unjust moderation of my civilised comments, when he realised that it became IMPOSSIBLE to allege falsely in public that he had been «censoring rude remarks», since people saw my own web-page where ALL comments appeared intact and could judge for themselves if I was rude. Then, a few months later…
The FIRST anti-censorship-clone of an entire blog was my clone of a well-known International Internet Troll (a guy who is mentioned in several web-encyclopedias as Master-artist in the Dark Art of Trolling). The guy had created a hate-blog lashing out against me, and I got fed up after he also censored everything, so I created an EXACT COPY of his blog, without censorship, where I answered his monologue without censorship (simultaneously with replying in his own blog, initially always censored by him).
I would prefer NOT to mention his name, since he is not a bad guy, after all; he appears to misunderstand a lot of things (which causes his trolling behaviour, disrupting several respectable programmers’ forums in the past, and so on). And in the end we reached an informal «Peace Agreement», we do NOT annoy each other any longer!🙂
So, the result of that first «blog-mirroring experiment» was actually very positive and quite amusing, since I cloned some of his posts with humorous self-sarcastic modifications of their content, to such an extent that the guy… welcomed my creative initiative. Then, he stopped censoring me, so we were able to TALK at last, solving our dispute! (My straight-talking policy achieved this).
In any case, here are other technical proposals, in detail, copied and pasted from one of my previous posts, for the benefit of people who can’t be bothered to read… all my babbles, -till they reach that point:
1) Better-equipped comment-editors for everyone, where our own comments (whatever each one of us writes in anyone else’s blog) are saved automatically (on the client-side) in real time, before being sent to any Other Blog (which has the censorious power to make them vanish forever).
2) New Blog Aggregator-sites where all comments in all blog-discussions are automatically aggregated and archived, AS SOON AS anyone requests this (or even automatically, by default)
3) Other Methods, the simplest one being: -Simultaneous posting, to several destinations, at once, instead of just one (censorious) blog.
* Recently, I used such methods (3) personally, against someone determined to censor me, in his blog, writing piles of lies and slander in front of a crowd, while keeping me (i.e. “the accused”) gagged
* Quite simply, I cross-posted EVERYTHING (I wrote) to a special web-page (announced in public, through my own blog).
* In fact, the people who saw my REAL (polite) comments (in that special page) eventually outnumbered the people who could not read them (due to censorship) , so the guy was also exposed:
* Unaware of the fact I had already bypassed his censorship, the mob-leader claimed I was “insulting” in comments which he thought he had censored! However, people reading the REAL comments (in my “other web-page”) saw no insults (as such), so he was proved a Lier.
* Eventually, that censorious blogger (leader of a FORUM with many devotees through his blog) gave up all attempts to censor me, since his “Moderation” had been already destroyed “DE FACTO“ !🙂
Finally, here is some… shamelessly self-indulgent music promotion: