Image via Wikipedia
Of course I think Eurovision is total bullshit anyway:
The way it’s organised; the way people vote, on the basis of PETTY national interests (e.g. bloc voting) rather than sincere objective judgment); the way it is bastardised, with SO many stupid songs and SO much bad taste in kitsch appearances, etc.
However, precisely because everyone seems to indulge in a wrong attitude; a nationalistic state of mind belittling quality in favour of nationality, and because I DON’T prefer my own country’s song (by Ms. Kalomoira) I’m officially declaring:
This Greek blog (OMADEON) DECLARES:
ICELAND is THE BEST
in Eurovision 2008 !
EUROBAND’s «This is my life» (the best version)
UPDATE: Initially I had placed the official video of the song in this blog, but soon afterwards I discovered a much better version (musically) as well as ideal for presenting ICELAND’s beautiful landscapes; this alternative version is the one featured in this post. In any case, the official video is HERE.
P.S. If you want a good laugh as well, take a look at THIS VERSION!🙂 It’s an even better version (musically) but it’s also enhanced with self-sarcasm by someone who became famous in Iceland’s TV as well; check it out HERE.
UPDATE 2: Other songs I liked (among so much trash):
- Ukraine’s «Shady Lady» by Ani Lorak (also HERE)
- Czech Republic’s «Have some fun» by Tereza Kerndlová
- What Is The Point Of Eurovision Song Contest [via Zemanta]
- Eurovision skewed by bloc votes, say research [via Zemanta]
- Ireland’s turkey exits Eurovision [via Zemanta]
- Turkey, stuffed.. [via Zemanta]
- Sweden tipped to win Eurovision [via Zemanta]
- Dustin the Turkey out of Eurovision – bloggers react [via Zemanta]