UPDATE 1: Now some serious news (as opposed to humourous science-fiction / wild speculation). In an international forum’s thread «Athens Burns« someone commented about the events in Greece as follows:
These guys seriously know how to riot, much respect, apart from the hoodies (HOOLIGANS) destroying non-governmental things.
Puts the UK to shame over Menezes. http://www.occupiedlondon.org/blog/
Far from being short-term «student unrest», the young generation’s nationwide uprising in Greece is a process of awesome, overwhelming complexity. There are many reasons for it (in addition to the outrageous murder of young Alexandros Grigoropoulos); social, economic, political, etc.
But is this… all there is to it?
Well, undoubtedly, attributing the revolt to such causes is correct; the outrageous Police Criminality that killed Alexandros is also -beyond doubt- enough to cause the (so-called) riots almost by itself...
However, perhaps there is also something more; something completely different, lurking inside those young people’s minds, eluding their conscious awareness:
I felt initially perplexed about what is going on inside Greek teen-age minds, when -at some point- I stumbled upon something awesome, a staggering latent possibility that eluded everyone’s attention – including my own:
- These young people, who nowadays demonstrate and occupy their antiquated schools or universities, etc. …will grow to become middle-aged men and women (if they survive imminent ecological disasters) after four decades, or so. Correct?
- Well, Yes, this is so…
- So you don’t really know, what this means? It means that… by that time (2050 or so) these protesting kids may have acquired prolonged lifespans; perhaps -even- many times longer than our current life-span!!!
- I.e. if Dr. Aubrey DeGrey is correct in his S.E.N.S. project predictions (presented in this blog as well, a few months ago) then the ultra-prolonged average lifespan of humanity, at around the middle of our 21st century is a real possibility;
- also affecting -no doubt- the potential future of today’s Greek teenagers – just like all other teenagers of our time….
- Moreover, once proved successful, the Technologies of Life Extension will probably be made available to the masses, at that time… perhaps not at first, but later on inescapably -I think- because of «bio-hacker activities» (reverse-engineering the secrets of intelligent DNA in-vivo mutations, etc)
Well, Dr. Aubrey DeGrey himself was kind enough to comment (here) in this humble blog, around the time when certain posts about his project were published. (I’d recommend those old posts to anyone clueless about S.E.N.S..)
- Meanwhile, the «Boundary Institute» (previous post here) has been conducting serious Physics and Maths research on the real possibility that the Future may have a latent «time-reversing» influence that affects the Past (a time-reversing flow of weak intensity but not insignificant)…
Therefore, an immortal (or quasi-immortal) Humanity of the Future is already among us, now…
…a NEW SPECIES demonstrating, against mortal, ape-ish, pig-like beast-policemen…
NOT knowing fully, what those clashes mean…
- While the Future is already here, in a sense – according to S.E.N.S.!
- ..Except we can’t see it clearly;
- …taking our «human species«-ness, too much for granted…
Perhaps another Species, a semi-immortal Species is being incubated;
Perhaps it’s already alive and kicking; kicking VERY hard…🙂
Related articles by Zemanta
- DNA Jewel to Finance Anti-Aging Services & Cancer Research
- Science: Tapping Into the Code of Life
- Who Cares if the Vatican Weighs in on Bioethics?
- Helena Smith: In Athens, middle-class rioters are buying rocks. This chaos isn’t over
- Portuguese DNA database gets green light
- Costas Pitas: The real causes of Greece’s troubles are inequality and despair
- Greek youths hang protest banners from Acropolis
- Greek Youths Hang Banners From Acropolis
- Riots In Greece – Started Over A Week Ago
- Greek Protesters Hang Banners From Acropolis