UPDATE (11-11-09): After U.S. Congress rejected the Goldstone Report on 3-11-2009, boycotting Israel has become imperative. Here is how: Identify a product’s bar code (Israel’s prefix is 729):
Greek Update: See the end of this post.
New posts (Nov. 2009):
- Υπογράψτε στήριξη της έκθεσης Γκόλντστοουν για τη Γάζα (ΕΠΕΙΓΟΝ θέμα… εντελώς θαμμένο από τα Ελληνικά ΜΜΕ)
- Η άγνωστη Αναίμακτη Εβραιο-Αμερικανική Επανάσταση (JStreet and the Bloodless Jewish Revolution in the U.S.)
- Blog-OSCAR κουτοπόνηρης ΛΑΣΠΗΣ 2009 στον Israelman, Εβραίο που γλύφει… ΝεοΝαζί, νάναι με το Ισραήλ… μαζί 🙂
- Mark Regev, the world’s worst LIER, War-Crimes DENIER
- Ο Ρατσισμός του ΙΣΡΑΗΛ ενισχύει τον ΑΝΤΙΣΗΜΙΤΙΣΜΟ -2 (Israeli war-crimes exposed by the UN bolster antisemitism)
- UN Mission finds Strong Evidence of ISRAELI WAR CRIMES
A Greek doctor, member of the «Doctors without Frontiers» organisation reported this on Greek TV this morning. He also mentioned an unarmed ambulance being bombed deliberately, saying:
«We can also see everything through Googlemaps (click here for Gaza); they can’t fool anybody, claiming that no civilians are being deliberately killed…»
Unfortunately, he was also referring to the hypocrisy of Egyptian authorities, who keep the most important safe passage to Gaza for his team shut. He spoke about an international complicity of silence, to do nothing about Israel’s criminal actions.
Well, I have a lot of work these days and don’t do much blogging, but the situation in Gaza is so preposterous that it’s impossible not to speak up…
Israel is behaving irresponsibly, with disgusting contempt for innocent people and with infuriating provocativeness.
It is alleged that Israeli politicians are setting up the whole thing as a form of provocation, giving Iran reasons to behave intemperately, too; possibly in order to start a war with Iran. Well, I am not an expert in international relations, so I can’t confirm such speculations. However, I do know something about human relations:
Israel’s brutal contempt for human life can’t be tolerated any more.
- If Israel continues this crazy Apartheid Criminality, I will personally never buy another Israeli product again.
A TOTAL BOYCOTT against ISRAEL is the ONLY way out; the only real way something -however little- might change in Israel’s CRIMINAL ATTITUDE.
Furthermore, ALL comments from extreme supporters of Israel will NOT be tolerated in this blog. Go speak somewhere else. Go make friends with antisemites; you’re just as rotten as they are. ONLY progressive and open-minded Israelis and Jews are invited to speak up in this blog, if they wish.
Condemn the Israeli invasion first, UNEQUIVOCALLY, and THEN speak freely.
(Sorry, I have better things to do, than talk with SCUM; if you don’t believe the Israeli aggression MUST STOP IMMEDIATELY then… just go to hell).
- Furthermore, the ridiculous and irresponsible bombing of Israeli civilian areas by Hamas‘ rockets is THE STUPIDEST THING THEY EVER DID, in violation of the same principles as those violated by Israel. All violence against innocent Israeli Civilians should stop immediately;
- …however, as regards Israel’s soldiers, I sincerily hope that… as many of them as possible ARE killed! This is the only way for the rest of them to LEARN the lesson of becoming CONSCIENTIOUS OBJECTORS: If you serve in Israel’s CRIMINAL IDF, then please just DIE and go to hell.
IMPORTANT: Send your message to Israel. Support Israel’s young people who refuse to serve Israeli War Criminality – http://december18th.org:
FREE THE SHMINISTIM – ISRAEL’S YOUNG CONSCIENTIOUS OBJECTORS. The Shministim are Israeli high school students who have been imprisoned for refusing to serve in an army that occupies the Palestinian Territories. December 18 marks the launch date of a global campaign to release them from jail. Join over 20,000 people including American conscientious objectors, Ronnie Gilbert, Adrienne Rich, Robert Meeropol, Adam Hochschild, Rabbi Lynn Gottleib, Howard Zinn, Rela Mazali, Debra Chasnoff, Ed Asner and Aurora Levins-Morales and show your support by contacting the Israeli Minister of Defense using the form (CLICK HERE). 22,000 LETTERS AND COUNTING!…
ISRAEL as an APARTHEID STATE: (source: Wikipedia)
John Dugard, a South African professor of international law and an ad hoc Judge on the International Court of Justice, serving as the Special Rapporteur for the United Nations on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories described the situation in the West Bank as «an apartheid regime … worse than the one that existed in South Africa.» In 2007, in advance of a report from the United Nations Human Rights Council, Dugard wrote that «Israel’s laws and practices in the OPT [occupied Palestinian territories] certainly resemble aspects of apartheid.» Referring to Israel’s actions in the occupied West Bank, he wrote, «Can it seriously be denied that the purpose […] is to establish and maintain domination by one racial group (Jews) over another racial group (Palestinians) and systematically oppressing them? Israel denies that this is its intention or purpose. But such an intention or purpose may be inferred from the actions described in this report.»
- Danny Rubinstein, a columnist at Ha’aretz also reportedly likened Israel to apartheid South Africa during a United Nations conference at the European Parliament in Brussels on 30 August 2007, stating: «Israel today was an apartheid State with four different Palestinian groups: those in Gaza, East Jerusalem, the West Bank and Israeli Palestinians, each of which had a different status.»
The current President of the United Nations General Assembly, Miguel d’Escoto, reported the Israeli newspaper Ha’aretz, «likened Israel’s policies toward the Palestinians to South Africa‘s treatment of blacks under apartheid. … Brockmann stressed that it was important for the United Nations to use the heavily-charged term since it was the institution itself that had passed the International Convention against the crime of apartheid.»
- Michael Ben-Yair, attorney-general of Israel from 1993 to 1996 referred to Israel establishing, «an apartheid regime in the occupied territories», in an essay published in Haaretz.Some Israelis have compared the separation plan to apartheid, such as political scientist Meron Benvenisti, and journalist Amira Hass. Ami Ayalon, Israeli admiral and former leader of the Israel Security Agency criticized the model, claiming it «ha[d] some apartheid characteristics.« Shulamit Aloni, former education minister, Israel Prize winner, and a former leader of Meretz, said that the state of Israel is «practicing its own, quite violent, form of Apartheid with the native Palestinian population.»Academic and political activist Uri Davis, an Israeli citizen who describes himself as an «anti-Zionist Palestinian Jew«, has written several books on the subject, including Israel: An Apartheid State in 1987.The Movement Against Israeli Apartheid in Palestine, a campaigning group based in Israel, has established a web-based petition in which Palestinians & Israeli Jews Call for Boycotting of Apartheid Israel.
Israeli politician and former Knesset member Yossi Sarid criticised discriminatory marriage law, exemption of Orthodox Jews from military service, and banning of Arabs from purchasing Jewish National Fund land as racist in a 2007 Ynetnews article entitled Our apartheid state. He later compared a further array of Israeli practices including the West Bank barrier, separate roads, ‘cheap hard labour’, and Palestinian enclaves to apartheid in a 2008 Ha’aretz column entitled Yes, it is apartheid. Sarid wrote ‘what acts like apartheid, is run like apartheid and harasses like apartheid, is not a duck – it is apartheid. Nor does it even solve the problem of fear‘
GREEK UPDATE: Προτείνω τα εξής ποστ άλλων, που αναλύουν άλλες πτυχές:
- [ίσως προστεθούν και άλλα – refresh !]
Related articles by Zemanta
- Israeli Forces Move Into Gaza
- Analysis: Invasion offers risks to both sides
- Israeli troops move deep into Gaza as ground offensive against Palestinian territory continues
- Gaza: People Standing Up, Governments Lying Down – Le Quotidien d’Oran of Algeria
- Christmas message from Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is ‘sick’
- Hamas’ Media Spectular
- Mitchell Prothero analyses the conflict in Gaza
- Gordon Brown calls for immediate ceasefire in Gaza
- Israel Rolls into Gaza: A Strange Way to Force a Truce
- Hezbollah, Iran and Syria disown arms (guardian.co.uk)
- World Briefing | United Nations: Assembly Endorses Report on Gaza (nytimes.com)
- Israeli minister Moshe Yaalon cancels London trip over arrest fears (telegraph.co.uk)